Work With Us: Data Engineer (Threat Intelligence)
Pulsedive is looking for an experienced data engineer on a consulting basis to help develop original, high-fidelity data for our global - and growing - cyber threat intelligence community.
Data Engineer (Threat Intelligence)
100% Remote, Global
HQ in US
Part-Time / Consulting
Give security researchers and practitioners the data they deserve (and really, really want).
Pulsedive is a threat intelligence startup that brings together community intelligence in our platform and data products (Pro, API, Feed), correlating indicators of compromise and organizing threat information to support threat collection, research, and analysis.
Pulsedive is looking for an experienced data engineer on a consulting basis to help develop original, high-fidelity data for our global - and growing - cyber threat intelligence community. The ideal data engineer loves diving deep and getting hands-on with all things data, with experience in standing up new data sources, parsing data, optimizing data flow, and building scalable processes. What you’ll develop will help security teams all over the world analyze risk, research threats, and protect what matters most.
Working at Pulsedive
Regardless of specific role or expertise, we seek candidates who embrace honesty, enjoy constant learning, and are empowered by ownership and accountability for what they do. As a product-led and bootstrapped company, we love that our users are our primary stakeholders. We believe there are countless ways for talented individuals from all backgrounds to contribute their unique skills, interests, and perspectives as Pulsedive continues growing - and we can’t wait to work with and learn from you.
You’ll Get To
- Design and build out integrated data sources (e.g., honeypots, crawlers) to discover novel IOCs in the emerging threat landscape.
- Parse, ingest, and index various data types (e.g., certificate transparency logs, JA3) to enhance risk evaluation, add visibility, and provide additional enrichment and context.
- Collaborate with the Pulsedive team and community to refine the data roadmap.
- Become a key technical contributor to the critical, continuously evolving domain of cyber threat intelligence.
What You’ve Got (and We Want)
- 3+ years developing and delivering fully tested, production-ready code.
- 2+ years experience with Node.js.
- 3+ years experience with MySQL or MariaDB, including query optimization, database design, and indexing.
- Hands-on experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Hands-on experience in data integration and ETL, with familiarity addressing common challenges like parsing data, converting data types, and handling errors.
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals and protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, and SSH.
- High-level understanding of security fundamentals, including honeypots, threat research, and malware analysis.
- Ability to work independently, while asking questions, openly communicating, and owning the process to deliver solutions.
Bonus Points for Experience
- With Github for software development and version control.
- Setting up honeypots or analyzing malware samples.
- Scraping websites using Puppeteer.
- Developing API endpoints.
- Using Perl, to lower the barrier to contributing to other components of our infrastructure in the future.
- In data science, data analytics, and machine learning, to help guide direction in future projects.
This is a part-time, 100% remote consulting role with strong potential for a full-time role at Pulsedive. Our working schedule is flexible, with an approximate 15 hour weekly commitment. You will have high levels of autonomy, working asynchronously with Pulsedive’s founders. We’ll develop expectations, milestones, and timelines for each deliverable together - but give you the space to work in the ways you find the most productive and fulfilling.
Caught Your Eye?
Send us a note and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org